Mission, Principles, and Values
The following represent the mission statement, principles, and core values of the TESOL Kuwait Board and membership.
TESOL Kuwait's mission is to advance professional expertise in English language teaching and learning for speakers of other languages worldwide.
Principles that members of TESOL Kuwait believe in as a professional community:
- Professionalism in language training and education
- Interaction of research and practice for educational improvement
- Accessible, high quality instruction
- Respect for diversity, multilingualism and multiculturalism
- Respect for individual language rights
- Collaboration in a global community
- Responsiveness: A service orientation enabled by respectful listening and accountability to mission
- Quality: high standards and excellence in characteristic of innovation and creativity in an academically rigorous environment
- Collaboration: Cooperation for the common good within a diverse, inclusive and culturally sensitive global community
- Integrity: Reputation as a trusted resource earned by ethical, honest, fair, and transparent action