TESOL Kuwait's Third International Conference November 17, 18, 19, 2016
Theme: “Innovation, Creativity, Communication: Facing Novel Challenges in TESOL” Where: GUST University When: November 17 -19, 2016 Who: All teachers KG to College and beyond Cost: Non members = 40KD and Members = 20KD (Check Cost of Membership Here) Keynote Speakers: Prof David Crystal and Prof Farzad Sharifian
Welcome to TESOL Kuwait's Third International Conference
It is our pleasure to welcome you again in Kuwait to exchange ideas, interact with local and international colleagues, and to benefit from invaluable expertise offered by renowned scholars in TESOL and Applied Linguistics. This year’s theme, “Innovation, Creativity, Communication: Facing Novel Challenges in TESOL”, reflects the necessity for adapting to the new technological era we are living in by creating and fostering new designs, approaches, and methods for improving teaching English to speakers of other languages, and for facing new challenges. We welcome proposals on all aspects of TESOL, with special emphasis on new technological solutions to face TESOL challenges. Selected papers will be published in TESOL Kuwait first conference proceedings. Our conference emphasizes the inseparable unity between theory and practice. We thus welcome theoretical papers showing practicality and efficacy of specific theoretical frameworks. We invite proposals for papers that are related, but not limited, to the following themes:
Technology as one of the pillars in modern education
Language testing and assessment
Curriculum design and development
Teachers’ professional development
Improving teaching methodologies
English as an international language
Bilingual and multilingual education
Bilingualism and its impact on learning English
Any other topic that has relevance to the theme of the Conference
2016 Conference Errata
1. The following paper has been withdrawn from the conference: (Page 11, presentation 12) Maisoun Al Zankawi “An Investigation of ESL Writing Strategies and Cohesion of Kuwaiti Undergraduate Students”
2. (Page 11, workshop 4) “Instant Courses Gamified Solutions” to be presented by Mrs. Dagmara Mathes-Sobocinska instead of Dr. Mikolaj Sobocinska.
3. (Page 12, presentation 5) “How to Create Gamified Courses? A Step-by-Step Journey Abroad “Phoenitica” ” the presentation will be delivered by Mrs. Dagmara Mathes-Sobocinska instead of Dr. Mikolaj Sobocinska.
4. (Page 16, abstract) Mrs. Dagmara Mathes-Sobocinska instead of Dr. Mikolaj Sobocinska
5. (Page 22, abstract) Mrs. Dagmara Mathes-Sobocinska instead of Dr. Mikolaj Sobocinska
6. (Page11, presentation 14) “Elite Debaters Toastmasters Club” is cancelled.